Monday, March 19, 2012

Project 7 (I) - be a part of the making!

Without forgetting about Warriors & Traders, I am working on several new projects, all board games, of course. But you knew that already, didn't you?

So, I'll just cut to the chase... I need you, your ideas and your imagination. I am asking for your creative minds to help me find the path. I have been working on a grand strategy, empire building board game. The new project passed the first tests and it's slowly getting a proper shape. Part of this "shaping the game process" is finding a good name. Being an engineer, I lack somehow the artistic spirit that many of you share and I believe you can help me make the right choice.

The game is based on a story (mercy I beg from you, it's the 1st draft). I've already tested the version 0.1 (under the temporary name of Project 7) and now I am looking for the right title. I posted the same question to Board Game Geek community and I got some nice answers. Today, I am bringing this to you, wishing for enlightenment.

What I am asking from you is to vote (just post a reply with your choice on the bottom of this post) on the title you like the most or propose a new title in the comments section. I am also thanking you all in advance for your involvement. The titles I am proposing are:


A. Heritage: The Exodus
B. Heritage forged
C. Exodus: Proxima Centauri
D. Exodus


First, the pictures from the alpha prototype and the background story of the game below: 
Game components in a box

Setting up the game (Agni and Alexandra)

Ships that survived their first battle

Green player technology mat, ships and counters

Earth, year 2299. Nuclear war, humanity is on the verge of extinction. Six factions escape the nuclear winter in space shuttles, travelling towards the Alpha Centauri system, looking for a new home. Found by a superior civilization, the remains of the human race are taken to a place they believe is in fact Alpha Centauri.
To avoid further conflicts between humans, their saviors place each faction on a different planet. Only limited contact is allowed, until one day the Centaurians decide to leave. The competition between humans starts once again to decide who will be left in charge.

This is the short version of the story, but do not worry, I will post the whole background story of the game in the next article. I will also describe the game play with a few more details and I will put up more pictures. Do not miss it!

Be part of this!
I was told by my colleagues that many minds always work better than one. I agree. Please, give us a piece of your mind! 

Here are the choices for the name again!


A. Heritage: The Exodus
B. Heritage forged
C. Exodus: Proxima Centauri
D. Exodus


You can also use a poll on our Facebook page!

3 comments:

  1. eclipse is a good name. oh wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Heritage: The Exodus sounds all right, it has a good aspect validity in the sense that "Heritage" refers to the backstory and "The Exodus" refers to the current situation. Also, whenever there's a "Noun: Second Noun" title, I always think it's a series, and "Second Noun" is the first episode...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are 100% right.. I really hope we will get to the second and then to the third episode! :) And the name for the 1st game is Exodus: Proxima Centauri

    ReplyDelete