Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Going places

First thing I did after Essen was sleep. I slept on the plane back to Romania, I slept a bit on the bus from the airport, and at home I slept a bit more. Then, for the rest of the week, I just went to work and then back home to sleep.


Then on Friday Alex was in town and wanted to play W&T...


We played a 5 player game on the Central Europe map and we had a very nice war in the Balkans. Serbia attacked Bulgaria early in the game and got it down to just one princess. However, in the process they left Vidin empty, and this allowed Romania (who had completed military development by then and was just getting unified with 7 provinces) to attack Serbia in most of their provinces and cut the retreat for some infantry. In the end, Serbia was left with just the capital and one princess and Romania got about 12 victory points in one turn. It turns out double strike is really effective against princesses and small armies.


After that, we played a few rounds of Wings of War, which I got back from Spiel'11.


I have no pictures from the W&T game (light was really bad) but here's one from WoW:




On Saturday, we played again: more WoW and finally I got to try World Without End, a game we had in the group since summer.


Sunday I went to the Red Goblin's lair to demo W&T. We played for a couple of turns and they liked it.
I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that the goblins redecorated since my last visit - I find the new layout more comfortable and welcoming than before.
After the demo game, I stayed a bit more and played some D&D. I even got to met a dragon
And finally, today I got to visit Taraba de Jocuri where we played a demo game in which Mihai managed to wipe my country out completely ...

... and concluded the evening in Ceainaria Tabiet where I didn't take any pictures but promise to do so next time. I also noticed they have a copy of Shadows over Camelot in their library, which is on my "to be played" list.

Anybody want to join this weekend?

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment