Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Let's take a look at the artwork of Praetor

The box of Praetor

From the moment I imagined Praetor and its whole universe, I had something very clear in mind, I wanted the art work to show the grandeur of the Roman cities at the peak of their glory. 

I believe in the functionality of the artwork in board games and its main purpose - to serve and blend into the game mechanics - but I am also able to admire and fall in love with a game just because of its great artwork. For Praetor, we aimed for both, combining great illustrations with functional graphic design elements with the purpose to make the game play interesting and challenging while pleasing the eye.

It took us a long time to discover the perfect artist for the job, but I believe that in the end we found the key to success. The artwork below came out of the hand of David Szilagyi. So, let's take a look...



Curia

Arc de Triomphe

Imperial Outpost

Marketplace

Marble Quarry

Gold Mine




So, what do you think? 


__________________
Find out more on the NSKN official website Facebook  | BGG |  ScoopIT Magazine 
Follow us on Twitter: @NSKNGames

No comments:

Post a Comment